COVID-19 Update for Operations at Resolute Counseling:
As a life-sustaining business, Resolute Counseling will remain open and committed to serving our community. Since we are a smaller practice, it is easier for our staff to maintain safe distancing from one another and clean the spaces where people are located. We are doing all we can to assure the safety of our clients and staff.
- Please know that if you are experiencing any type of COVID-19 symptoms or feel you have been exposed to someone who may have COVID-19, we are asking you NOT to come into the office for your appointment. Instead, we are asking that you choose to have your appointment through a Telehealth platform.
As of 3/18/2020, health care professionals licensed under any of the Pennsylvania Department of State’s Bureau of Professional and Occupational Affairs (BPOA) licensing boards can provide services to patients via telemedicine during the coronavirus emergency. Read full article
This ruling impacts all three of our licensed counselors and allows our practice to serve our Pennsylvania residents through Telehealth. In almost all cases, insurance is covering Telehealth like they would a session that is in the office. Certain insurances such as Highmark Blue Cross/Blue Shield and Capital Blue Cross MAY be covering 100% of the costs associated with counseling visits if Telehealth is used. Please contact our office or your health insurance plan directly to inquire about what coverage you may have.
- Here is an update for each of the three counselors and what services they are offering at the moment. Please email one of our counselors with questions or call us at 717-264-0450 with questions:
- Michael Linn – Offering both in-office visits and Telehealth. Has limited availability for new clients. Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Valerie Palmer – Offering both in-office visits and Telehealth. Has open availability Monday – Thursday. Email at email@example.com
- Kristine Steinour – Offering only Telehealth services at this time. Is accepting new clients at this time and will be coming back into the office beginning June 9th for in-office visits. Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Due to the new HIPAA guidelines, Telehealth services can be delivered using the telephone or secure video format. As an agency, we prefer to use the video program Doxy.me for our sessions. The program is free to use for clients. If interested in Telehealth, please let your counselor know and we will send a link to invite you to connect through Doxy.me. In addition, we will ask that you sign a newly created Telehealth consent form that we will share with you through our TherapyNotes portal.
- As of 5/26/20, we are now offering Telehealth services through our patient portal on TherapyNotes. This program can used by having the client login here. Please let your counselor know if you would prefer to use Doxy.me or Telehealth through TherapyNotes.
Additional COVID-19 Information:
For the most up-to-date information on how COVID-19 is affecting the state of Pennsylvania, please visit the website for Pennsylvania Department of Health.