There are many people in the mental health community that I admire for their wisdom and ideas. Dr. Travis Bradbury is one of them. He is co-author of the book Emotional Intelligence 2.0. He has written a wonderful article that discusses the important habits of mentally tough people. Click here to read the article.
As a counselor, I try to teach all the people I work with about the majority of what Dr. Bradbury discusses in this article. Holistic health and wellness is dependent on a person dedicating themselves to certain habits and routines.
Here is the List of the 15 habits of Mentally Tough People mentioned by Dr.Bradbury:
- They are emotionally intelligent.
- They are confident.
- They neutralize toxic people.
- They embrace change.
- They know that fear is the #1 source of regret.
- They embrace failure, because they know it can lead to future success.
- They don’t dwell on mistakes they have made.
- They won’t let anyone limit their joy.
- They don’t try to limit the joy of others.
- They dedicate to exercise.
- They make sure they get enough sleep.
- They limit their caffeine intake.
- They don’t wait for an apology to forgive others.
- They are relentlessly positive.
- They believe they are capable of mental toughness.